Get the drivers perspective with our Legends Q&A sessions…
5 Questions to… James Holman
Q1 A good season for you James, finishing 3rd in the championship in 2014, are you pleased with the result?
- In the end I’m satisfied with the end result, we had a lot of bad luck wherever we seemed to go, and to finish 3rd with the number of points we lost in season was about the best we could do. If we can cut the amount of things that happened, especially on the reliability side of things, I believe we can have a fantastic 2015!
Q2. What were the highlights of 2014?
- We had two wins in 2014, one at Anglesey and one at Brands so they were obvious highlights, as a weekend I must say Brands in November was the clear high point of the season, getting an overall win on the Saturday, followed by 2nd in the wet finale, where we hadn’t been competitive in the wet before, and with 3rd in the championship on the line, it was satisfying to put a weekend together finally! I enjoyed the fight with Gobby in the final at Rockingham, which was made all the more interesting with the misfire I had, so to run flat out in 5th gear sideways alongside each other millimetres apart was proper racing!
Q3. And the low point?
- Probably would have to be Cadwell. 21st to 2nd then my steering arm broke on the last lap! So frustrating, especially as we were only 5 corners or so away from home. Donington was also a bad weekend, but as I mentioned before I probably could mention most of the weekends in here somewhere for something that had gone wrong!
Q4. What venues are you looking forward to in 2015?
- I’m very happy to see Oulton Park back on the calendar, we had a good day back there in 2013, and I really like the circuit. I love Anglesey too, an absolutely fantastic circuit, one where I always seem to go well which always helps endear yourself to it! I would love to see Mondello Park make a return in 2016, I really enjoyed going there in 2013, and the circuit is just perfect for Legends racing! That’s my one request for next year!
Q5. Who would you like to thank for helping you towards your racing?
- Firstly I would like to thank my Mum and Dad, as without their sacrifice over the years, I wouldn’t be able to race! My fiancée Sam has to put up with me too when things haven’t gone so well, she always supports me and helps pick me up after the bad days and celebrate when things go well! Then there’s Dave and Rob, who work tirelessly on the car, and have to put up with me asking for changes in between races as I’m always wanting to tinker with the car! Then there’s my great sponsors, West Berks Motor Company, Window Wize and Calor Gas!
An in-depth understanding of the drivers view of the season – get the update from top 3 driver James Holman.
Click here for the interview.